Manages the implementation and operation of all customer facing web and digital properties deployed at AutoZone. Ensures the integrity, availability, and security for all web and digital systems. Works closely with eCommerce Business leaders, understands short and long-term business goals, and collaborates on plans to achieve those goals by delivering leading-edge eCommerce systems. Understands the importance of the Customer Experience and focuses on quality of user design, technical design, quality assurance of testing, and high availability. Understands and delivers on the Omni-channel experience goals of the company, looking out at the medium range business goals.
- Leads teams in the development, implementation, and support of the company website and all digital commerce applications.
- Develops the current and future AutoZone talent to lead eCommerce.
- Oversees the technical design and architectural framework for eCommerce systems.
- Oversees the day to day operations and administration of the eCommerce infrastructure.
- Implements platform to maximize usability, accessibility, and customer experience leverages internal and external APIs, databases and other data sources.
- Directs the development and maintenance of standard operational procedures for all eCommerce related technology and infrastructure activities.
- Oversees the scheduling, control and progress of eCommerce system design, development and installation activities.
- Develops trusted and open relationships with key eCommerce business and IT partners at Director and VP level.
- Works closely with and manages strategic eCommerce vendor partner relationships.
- Supports the company’s Omni channel strategic vision. Works with the VP, Information Services, and the CIO in the development of the eCommerce systems strategy in support of that vision.
- Conducts capacity monitoring and planning of the eCommerce environment to ensure appropriate acquisition of IT resources to stay well ahead of channel growth in all its dimensions – traffic, customer acquisition, conversion, order volume, etc.
- Coordinates between internal and external resources, ensuring effective communication between all groups and individuals involved in eCommerce projects.
- Leads all eCommerce projects under the rules and guidelines of the Project Management Office (PMO). Ensures all PMO documentation is produced to high standards.
- Ensures that all eCommerce associates are well versed in and follow PMO and other departmental procedures.
- Owns all interactions with third party auditors regarding eCommerce security, IT controls and privacy issues.
- Develops eCommerce expense and capital budgets and stay within those budgets.
Bachelors of Science degree required (MIS/CIS degree preferred).
Extensive working knowledge of various monitoring, operational, provisioning, performance, support environments and tools.
- Minimum of 10-15 years total experience in eCommerce & web development.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a managerial position in a technology group with a proven track record for development talent.
- Major eCommerce Platform experience required (ATG, IBM WebSphere, Demandware, Hybris, etc.); ATG preferred
- Strong business and financial management skills. #LI-BP